Sunday, January 10, 2016

Karate Homework, 1/10/16

Tonight I did the following:

A few stance cycles through front, back, and horse stances. There's some stance progression exercise I saw in a book I referenced a couple days ago, but for the life of me, I can't remember which book it was in.

Next I went through the block/punch microkatas I talked about last time.

  • Rising block microkata: 10x each side
  • Outside block microkata: 10x each side
  • Low block microkata: 10x each side
  • Forearm block microkata: 10x each side
  • All of them together: 2x each side
Then some kicking kihon:
  • Front kick: 10x each side
  • Side kick: 10x each side
  • Roundhouse kick: 10x each side
  • Back kick: 10x each side
  • Kicking microkata: 5x each side

Finally, I went through a few kata:
  • Heian Shodan: 1x
  • Heian Nidan: 2x
  • Heian Sandan (as well as I could recall it): 1x

No comments:

Post a Comment