- Thigh press guard pass
- Separation / Step back guard pass
- Stacking guard pass
- Stack and flip guard pass
- A few more variations I'm struggling to remember
Afterward we rolled a good bit. I went four rounds:
- Against a brown belt, roughly my size, I feel like I did well against him, at least positionally (I had some okay escapes, and maintained superior position for a while). I also remembered to play the choke threat / armbar and armbar threat choke game, but didn't get to pull it off (I would have tried for an armbar once, but another pair of folks was right behind us).
- A really smooth older black belt, that lets me into the game as well. I like rolling with him, but he gives me lots of trouble!
- A 275 lb short stocky yellow belt bulldozer. Once he gets on top of me it's over. I did almost pull off an armbar / triangle / spider guard defense, but only for a minute. It's ridiculous to even try to go against guys so much bigger than me at this point. Hopeless.
- A yellow belt closer to my size and skill. We always give each other a good challenge. He got an americana on me once, and I got a tee-pee triangle on him to end the night.
Lots of hard work!