Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tipping Scales

It’s funny – I used to be all about Aikido, and nothing but Aikido. I got interested in Judo because Pat’s dojo offers both arts. I originally planned on focusing on Aikido, and “minoring” in Judo. As time went on, my interest became split 50/50 between the two. Now I find that Judo has unseated Aikido as the art I want to mainly focus on. It’s hard to articulate exactly why I began liking Judo more. I just…did. During the week, I found myself reading, studying, watching, and daydreaming more about Judo than Aikido.

Maybe it has something to do with how fascinated I am with groundwork lately, or my budding interest in BJJ, and its similarities to Judo. In addition, I used to never be the least bit interested in competition, but I must admit, I do feel the allure of competing in order to test myself…see how I’m really doing (no time soon, mind you, but I could see trying to compete as I improve some).

Whatever the reason, I’m completely excited about Judo these days!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. I'll be stopping back to read more. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped by, Rick! Don't be a stranger, heh...Pleased to meet you as well!

    ReplyDelete