Sunday, January 11, 2009

Aikido (ohhhhh.....) 1/10/09

I stuck around for the Aikido class yesterday after a good long (and extra-fun) Judo lesson. During the Judo lesson, I got so worn out, that I felt like I was in kind of a daze for the entire Aikido class. My face/head felt numb, and I'm not sure I was doing very much correctly, haha. I usually have pretty good recall of what we go over in class, but this time, in retrospect, it's kind of a blur, compared to the Judo lesson.

I remember doing more ukemi than normal. Then we worked on release #4, turning it into a kotogaeshi-type wrist lock, then turning that into aikinage (I think). Then we did release #3, into Chain #3 for a while. Finally, we worked on what I think was Nijusan / Junana Hon Kata #6 (I have no clue what the name is, and indeed, it may not have even been #6...It just looked sort of like the way we used to do #6 in the system I used to study). Man, I was toast during that class, I think. It was still fun...one of Pat's black belts, Rob, was there, and it was nice meeting him.

For the relaxation focus, we worked on (this is hard to explain) not forcing uke's arm into the lock, but moving our bodies the right way so all we needed to do was drop our arms, and presto! -- uke's arm pretty much ended in the right position. I think I may have got the feeling of that once, but the rest of the time, I couldn't catch the thing just right. No worries, I'll get there.

Sorry for all the hazy info. I think I was drunk on all that Judo goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment