Friday, January 9, 2009

SitRep

Well, we're now 9 days into the new year, and therefore, 9 days into my new, healthy lifestyle. I thought I'd post about how it's going so far.

I have craved more Little Debbie snack cakes these 9 days than the rest of my life combined. Out of 6 days I planned to go to the gym, I actually made it to 3. Don't get me wrong - that's 3 more days than I went last year. But I missed my goal by 50%! This morning, I overslept by only fifteen minutes, but it was still too late to make the workout and get home in time to get ready for work (part of the challenge is, I need to get up around 4:45am every day in order to get the full workout first thing in the morning). I'm looking forward to this coming week. It's another chance to succeed.

I jokingly whined to my wife this morning, "I went to the gym 3 times! When is this extra weight going to go away?!?" I know, I know. The work comes first, the reward comes later. Reminds me of one of my favorite Earl Nightingale quotes: "You can't stand in front of a fireplace and say 'Give me heat, THEN I'll give you some wood.'" Water the seed now - it will bloom later. There. 3 motivational quotes, and I'm ready to tackle my fitness goals all over again!

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up too much about falling off of the wagon, just climb back on board. Don't forget, you are only human.

    Come! Whoever you are!
    Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving. Come!
    Ours is not a caravan of despair.
    It doesn't matter if you've broken your vows, a thousand times,
    Still come!
    And yet again, Come!


    Rumi

    ReplyDelete