Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Times That Try Men's Souls

Last week I came down with an AWFUL bout of sinus crud. Sore throat, a cough that made my head feel like nails were being driven into it, etc. It started Wednesday, worsened on Thursday and Friday, to the point I couldn't really speak. Of course, I had an audit at work Thursday and Friday, so I couldn't take time off to rest. What bummed me out the most was having to miss Judo and Aikido again on Saturday.

Some good news came just in time: I mentioned in a previous post my wish for people to train with at home, between classes. Looks like I may get that wish! I have one friend who's trained in BJJ for years who's going to practice with me maybe weekly at my house. I also have 2 nephews (college kids, one of whom is a semi-pro steer wrestler) who are going to come over once per week to train with us as well. I'll pick up some BJJ tips, and be able to work on my judo takedowns and ne-waza as well!

Life really is much better than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment