Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Judo, 8/10/15

Last night our rank group worked on all orange belt ground work. One or two things were new to me, but I felt comfortable with most of it.

For the whole class lesson, we worked on an armbar setup from uke being in turtle.

I rolled twice:

First, with a tall yellow belt. I was feeling really good last night, and felt like I was just "on". In retrospect, I felt like I was a swarm of bees attacking him as he was drowning. I was just having a good night, flowing well from one attack to the next, maintaining good position, etc. I got two good sweeps, and a nice, effortless kata gatame choke - which I credit to the Ryan Hall video on arm triangles I watched over the weekend!

My next roll was with a black belt. I didn't feel as "on" then. I did get a good choke when he started from turtle. But he was alternately letting me play, and dominating.

No comments:

Post a Comment