Saturday, September 7, 2013

Aikido, 9-7-13

This weekend was our fall "Aiki Buddies Gathering".  I could only attend this morning's session. There was a good turn out, and we warmed up with a few throws from koshiki no kata. I've been enjoying these throws. The newer ones I was introduced to today had an almost owaza feel to them.

The main content of the morning session was a handful of aikijo sword disarms. Lots of good info, but descriptions are failing me at the moment. I'd like to experiment and see if any of those techniques can translate to long gun (rifle or shotgun) disarms or throws.

1 comment:

  1. the sword defenses work just as good against any fairly long/heavy swinging weapon - club, poolcue, etc. the jo defenses work good against any 2-handed poking weapon (pool cue, etc...)

    ReplyDelete