Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Judo 5/16/09

Saturday I was finally able to make it back to the dojo. We ended up doing 2 hours of judo rather than mixing it up with aiki or karate. I have a friend who has been interested in judo for a while, so he came to my lesson with me. He currently holds a 3rd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. I think he really enjoyed our time, and plans on joining the dojo soon.

We started with the old foot sweeping exercise, then moved on to deashi barai. I really love that throw. We played deashi into ukigatame, into a weird (for me) armbar. The transition from the throw into the armbar was really slick, and I enjoyed it a lot. That's not to say I was performing it well. I'm still new to submissions, and for some reason, I have trouble cinching the arm up correctly when I try for an armbar. We also looked at the wakigatame/udegarami cycle, which still fascinates me. We then drilled the Ezekiel (I forget the judo name) for a while as well.

We ended the class with several spirited rounds of rolling. Once again - I GOTTA GET IN SHAPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment