Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Judo, 8/31/15

Last night we drilled some grip fighting, and then got into throwing lines to throw our tokui waza. I don't know what my tokui is, really, but I was hitting some pretty good kouchi's last night. After that we worked rank promotion material, then did several rounds of standing and ground randori. It was a good workout!

I don't know why, but last night was one of those times I found myself thinking "Why am I doing this?"

I can think of a few possibilities, but I can't put my finger on the reason for sure. Possibilities include:

  • I've been doing Judo pretty regularly for 3 months now, maybe I'm just getting tired of it.
  • I missed both classes last week, maybe it's just hard getting back to it.
  • Maybe I'm dissatisfied at how I still feel like a noob, especially in standing randori.
  • Maybe increasing stress at work is making it harder for me to commit 2 nights a week to Judo.
  • Maybe it's because the club is switching into "tournament prep mode" for the upcoming tournament in October. I'm just not interested in shiai at this point.
  • Maybe it's because I was on 3 nights of poor sleep, and I was just "off".
Whatever the case, I'm gonna keep at it, and see if the feeling passes. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment