Thursday, June 4, 2015

Judo, 6/3/15

Last night I visited a local Judo club I've been meaning to check out for a while. I was going to just watch the class, but ended up working out with them. The class was top notch, and I had a really good time. After a warm-up, we did a few grip fighting drills, then worked four or five throws (three times each, but I can't remember which throws).  We did a few rounds of standing randori, then newaza randori.

I was pleased with my performance on the ground, even against higher-level belts. Pat's trick of bridging up in order to create more space under me for my lungs to expand served me well while getting crushed by a 250 pound guy at one point. Overall, the class was friendly and family-oriented. I felt extremely welcome there, and I think I'm going to try out another class next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment