Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Judo, 11/28/09


I just realized I forgot to post my judo training log from the weekend! We started out by practicing a couple of combos: deashi to osotogari and deashi to kouchigari. Amazing stuff, once again. Pat also showed me a variant of koshiguruma that's pretty wicked.


On the ground, we drilled guard passing over and over and over. I need as many reps as I can get! We worked on going whichever way bottom guy wasn't resisting. That is, if he tries to stop me from stacking him and going under one leg, I can use the knee-over pass on the opposite side (and vice versa).


Good class - Pat puts the "fun" in "fundamentals". :o)

2 comments:

  1. do I put the "mental" in fundamental?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, I had an instructor who would have us do several reps, then give a little correction and tell us, "one more time". 5 reps later, a little more instruction and "one more time." 30 minutes later, "one more time" 2 hours later, "one more time."

    If he hadn't been a yondan and me a brown belt, I would have tried to strangle him on about the thousandth "one more time"

    THAT's putting the "mental" in "fundamental".

    ReplyDelete