Sunday, September 27, 2009

Judo/BJJ Study Group, 9/21/09

Last week we had a smaller group at our church judo study group. Three people, including myself. We reviewed all the material from the previous week, and spent a good bit of time doing that. Everyone did every technique with everyone else.

For the new material, we covered some fundamental ground movements: "bridging" and "shrimping".

We then went over munegatame, or side control, and 2 escapes from it: bridge-and-roll and shrimp-to-guard. I asked the guys to work on this not because I'm great at it, but because I suck at it!

We spent the last 15 minutes or so rolling.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. IIRC, there are some very good side control escapes on Roy Dean's Blue Belt DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see some more recent training logs - if you want to keep putting them up. I read them and it helps me keep in mind where you are and where you need to head next.

    P

    ReplyDelete